Which is the best supplier in Luxembourg?
As for electricityThere are few gas suppliers in Luxembourg. The main ones are :
- Enovos (which also offers electricity)
- Electris (which also markets electrical energy offers)
These three companies offer very different tariffs: Enovos and SudÉnergie are relatively aligned in terms of price. Electris is slightly more expensive than its competitors.
To make sure you get the best deal and pay a company that is committed to the green transition, make sure you compare offers. You can do this easily with the comparison above.
What is my gas consumption?
To determine your consumption, you can go back to your bill history and determine an average between the volume consumed in the summer and the volume consumed in the winter (as a large part of the consumption comes from heating).
If you cannot find your bills, you can use the following scale, which is generally used by suppliers in Luxembourg. The volume consumed depends mainly on the surface area of the home:
- For 60m².765m³ per year
- Per 100².you will consume an average of 1300m³.
- For 150m².For a total of 1,900m³, expect to consume 1,900m³.
- For 300m².This is double, i.e. 3800m³ per year
In Luxembourg, the average consumption is 2700m³ per year. This is the average consumption needed to heat a 200m² house. In our comparison of gas offers, we base our price simulations on this average.
How to reduce your bill?
There are two ways to reduce your bill:
- Reduce your consumption first: If you can, lower the temperature in your home by one or two degrees. This is the main way to reduce your consumption and therefore your bill. Government agencies recommend a temperature of 19°C in dwellingsThis is a good way to save energy without risking your health. By doing so, you will also reduce your carbon footprint and our energy dependency.
- Choose a cheaper contract: Price differences can be very high between different companies. A word of advice: compare prices, analyse the advantages of each operator (some offer 100% organic gas, for example), and change supplier. You can do so freely, at any time, thanks to the liberalisation of the energy market by Europe.
Why compare gas suppliers?
Saving money on your bill
Price differences vary enormously from company to company. In Luxembourg, it is possible to save several hundred euros per year by choosing a better gas offer. So what accounts for these price differences?
- There are very few gas suppliers on the market: This means that there is little competition, which does not encourage operators to lower their prices. Some players offer almost similar prices, and others keep their prices high. In addition, there are never any new players on the market (unlike in the telecom market, for example), so existing companies do not feel the need to make competitive offers.
- Luxembourg is a small market: There are therefore very high fixed costs for companies that market energy offers. Some suppliers who do not have many customers are forced to pass on these costs to consumers. This explains why some companies charge extremely high prices.
If you have never compared energy offers before, now is the time! You could save a lot of money. Check out our selection of offers at the top of this page to find a better gas supplier.
Accelerating the development of green and bio gas
Unlike other countries, Luxembourg is a leader in organic 100% offers. Some suppliers offer :
- Offers of biogas. This is the most responsible method of production: it is based on the decomposition of organic matter. This is in contrast to "conventional" gas, which is extracted deep underground in the same way as oil is extracted.
- Gas from Europe : When you choose an offer with a Luxembourg company, the fuel comes exclusively from Europe. You will therefore be encouraging the development of responsible production that is more respectful of the planet.
If you can, we advise you to choose one of these offers, even if it means paying a little more: biogas is important for the planet, but also for theEurope's energy independence. By replacing our imports with local production, we will be less dependent on foreigners.
Switch to organic and sustainable gas
Compare gas contracts
Compare biogas suppliers and find the best offer.
Which green gas supplier should I choose?
Choose a supplier that offers European and Luxembourgish biogas
In Luxembourg, there are two main providers of 100% bio offers:
- Enovos The historical energy operator is marketing an offer consisting of 100% of European bio-gas.
- SudÉnergie This is a two-tiered distribution system. One offer offers 50% of biogas, another offers 100%.
Both companies are relatively similar in terms of price. For both, some of the fuel delivered to your home is also of Luxembourg origin (with plants that are increasingly developing, such as in Rodange).
You can also opt for cheap subscriptions, but these usually include a large proportion of Russian gas, extracted deep underground. The impact on the planet is therefore far from responsible. If you can afford it and are committed to the preservation of our planet, don't hesitate to choose a European and organic 100% contract (it will only cost a few euros more per month).
How to reduce dependence on Russian gas?
There are several ways to reduce our collective dependence on Russian fossil fuels:
- Reduce the temperature of the dwellings: Consumption is mainly driven by home heating and consumption by large industries. By lowering the temperature in our homes by one or two degrees, we can therefore reduce overall consumption, and our dependence on Russian fossil fuels.
- Choosing a European contract : Some suppliers offer fuel produced exclusively in Europe. By choosing to finance these alternative and responsible production methods (by methanisation or fermentation of organic waste), we are choosing to move away from fossil fuels extracted abroad.
- Reduce your electricity consumption : Much of Europe's electricity is generated in gas-fired power stations, which heat water, produce steam and turn an alternator. By reducing our electricity consumption and choosing 100% green electricity contractsWe are also reducing our dependence on imports.
- Investing in the development of renewable energy : Some energy contracts also invest part of your money in the development of wind farms, hydroelectric dams, or solar panel farms. These subscriptions usually cost only a few extra cents or euros per month, and help finance the ecological transition.
As you can see, as consumers we have real power. Everything depends on our choices! To compare all the energy offers in Luxembourg and make the best choice for the planet, don't hesitate to consult our comparison by clicking on the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which is the cheapest gas supplier?
SudÉnergie and Enovos share the podium and offer very similar rates. However, their offers do not offer the same benefits for the planet. Check out the comparison to find out more.
Which gas supplier to choose in 2022?
In 2022, SudÉnergie is the best placed supplier in terms of price. It is closely followed by Enovos. Both suppliers have relatively similar offers.
Which is the most attractive gas supplier?
Some suppliers offer green and bio 100% gas produced in Europe. Biogas is produced through the fermentation of organic waste. It is more environmentally friendly than its fossil alternative. Take an interest in the SudÉnergie and Enovos contracts before making your choice. You can compare them thanks to the ranking on this site.
How do I change my gas supplier?
Changing supplier is a very simple procedure: since the liberalisation of the energy market, you can do so at any time. All you have to do is sign up for a new offer: the chosen operator will take care of the termination and the change for you.
How to buy European gas?
All you have to do is subscribe to an organic offer from one of the Luxembourg suppliers. These offers guarantee a European supply. Some of the fuel delivered to your home will also be produced in Luxembourg.