Find the best cover for your car and home
Why compare insurance contracts in Luxembourg?
In the Grand Duchy, it can be difficult to know whether you are paying the right price for the right guarantees:
- Insurers sometimes use different terminology for similar guarantees ("forces of nature", "natural disasters", "environmental perils")
- Some insurance policies do not include cover that we consider essential (theft in the case of a house, replacement of a broken down vehicle, etc.)
Faced with the complexity of comparing cover, many residents give up and take the first one they find, without necessarily paying attention to the level of guarantees offered. And they usually regret this choice the day they discover that they are not or only slightly reimbursed for a claim.
We therefore decided to launch the first car insurance comparator and housing in Luxembourg. Our aim is to help everyone find the most suitable cover for their needs: whether they want to protect their home or their car.
Via various thematic comparison tables, you can compare the cover offered by our selection of car and home policies. You can then request one or more quotes from them to compare prices and make your choice. To make it easier for you to read, we offer a selection of 3 insurance policies per section. These selections are based on objective criteria, such as the number and nature of the guarantees included, the additional cover offered, and the price positioning of the company offering the cover.
Which insurance to choose in Luxembourg?
It all depends on your needs, your budget and the level of risk you feel is acceptable for a given price:
- If the value of your property to be insured is highFor example, if you have an expensive car or valuable possessions at home, you can opt for a premium insurance policy. You will pay more every month, but you will have peace of mind, especially if your car is expensive or you have valuable possessions at home.
- If the value to be insured is low, you may be tempted to opt for minimum cover. However, be sure to compare the coverage of different policies: some policies offer optional coverage that we consider essential. Make sure you choose an insurance policy that covers at least the common risks that can be expensive, such as burglary, natural disasters, water damage or fire, for example.
Which is the best insurer in Luxembourg?
The best insurer is one that offers the best cover, at the best price for your needs. It all depends on your situation, your budget and what you are looking for. But here are some tips to help you make an initial comparison of offers:
- If you are looking for cheap insurance with a good basic cover, see our selection "Saver"
- If you want to the best value for moneyA solid cover and a reasonable price: so our selection "Top"is for you. You will have an example of 3 covers that we think are well positioned.
- Finally, if you wish to insure your property with a maximum coverageIf you are looking for an insurance policy that protects you against most risks and offers a very good level of reimbursement, check out our selection "Premium". It offers you 3 of the best premium insurances on the market.
We select the best contracts in the Grand Duchy
Basic cover, guarantees, price... We analyse the essential criteria.
Each month, we analyse the coverage and price ranges of several car and home insurances in Luxembourg, and then we offer you a selection of the best ones according to our analysis method. To establish our selection, we study :
- The proposed coverage : we take great care to show you the presence of basic or essential coverages in order to facilitate the reading and understanding of these offers. For your security, and because we have experienced several claims, we consider as "essential" coverages that are included in the vast majority of insurance contracts in Luxembourg (protection against the risks of theft, natural disasters or water damage for example).
- Price range : Price is one of the criteria for selecting offers. However, it is not the only one: the guarantees offered by the insurance contract are obviously taken into account in our selection. As insurance prices vary greatly depending on individual needs, we do not give any indication of the offers. Nevertheless, the price positioning of a company in relation to its competitors is taken into account in our selection method. This positioning is determined by comparing prices for the same property, with equivalent guarantees.
- Extras on offer: For example, some car contracts offer a 'Taxi Joker', which allows you to take a taxi for free when you are not fit to drive. We consider this to be an advantage worth mentioning and taking into account in our selection process. There are other benefits that can make a policy stand out, such as travel cover, protection of personal effects abroad, or cover for multimedia (or electronic) devices.
After having analysed the dozens of car and home contracts available in Luxembourg according to the same criteria, our comparator recommends a selection of 3 insurances in each category (Top, Eco, Premium).
And if someone has recommended a particular company to you, don't hesitate to compare offers anyway. This will help you to make the right choice.
Cancelling your car or home insurance
Read the guide
Do you want to change insurers? Here's how.
How can I save on my car contract?
Comparing car insurance quotes in Luxembourg can save you more than a hundred euros a year, with relatively equivalent cover. To make sure you don't lose out on quality protection, we recommend that you start by finding one or more offers that suit you, and then choose the cheapest. Here's how to save money on your car insurance:
- Compare our selection of car contracts on this page
- Make sure you keep the essential guarantees for your vehicle. The insurance must include civil liability, legal protection, and cover all the usual risks (accidents, breakdown, fire, glass breakage, theft, natural disasters, etc.).
- Check that theinsurer does have a emergency number in case of a claim available 7 days a week, 24 hours a dayto make sure you are well looked after if you have an accident
- Ask for several quotes companies of your choice, and compare them to find the cheapest offer
- Don't forget to communicate your bonus-malusto take advantage of possible discounts on your contract price
How can I save on my home insurance?
By comparing insurance quotes, you can save a good ten euros a month on your home insurance policy, while keeping more or less the same coverage. Here's the checklist for saving on your home insurance:
- Compare our selection of home insurance policies on this page
- Analyse carefully the cover offered, the benefits and the options offered by the different contracts. Make sure that you keep an overview of cover against the essential risks of everyday life (civil liability, legal protection, theft, fire, water damage, electrical damage, natural disasters, floods, storms and hail, etc)
- Do you have several interesting offers? Click on "Request a quote"Then contact the companies directly for a personalised quote.
- Take the time to read the different quotes, compare the prices and the cover offered. Do you want to save money? Then go for the cheapest quote that offers the right cover for you.
Why should I follow your recommendations?
For several simple reasons:
- First of all, we take the time to reference the coverage of different insurance contracts in our spare time, as we like to make comparisons. Our work is objective, neutral and impartial.
- We update the insurance selections as regularly as possible (within the limits of our voluntary work 🙂 ). We update them according to the commercial evolution of each insurance or adjustments in our selection method.
- We leave it up to you to choose the coverage that best suits your needs. All we do is make it easier for you to do your job, by providing you with an initial selection of insurances and various thematic comparison tables, depending on the level of cover you are looking for!
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How to compare insurance in Luxembourg?
You can use an online comparison tool such as this one to compare the cover of an initial selection of car and home insurance policies. Once you have found the offers that match your needs, you can go to the companies' websites and request personalised quotes. You can then compare prices and choose the best deal.
Which is the best insurance company in Luxembourg?
The best company in Luxembourg is the one that offers the best cover at the best price for your needs. Some are known to be a bit expensive. Others are known for offering too little cover. The best thing to do is to make an initial selection by comparing cover, and then ask for quotes.
How to get insurance in Luxembourg?
To insure yourself in Luxembourg, you should contact the relevant insurance companies directly. They have agents throughout the country. The commercial agents will give you a car or home insurance quote. If you accept it, you can sign at a distance and you will be insured! However, we recommend that you start by comparing the various coverages offered before requesting quotes (as this is a tedious task).
What is the cheapest insurance on the market?
You can find cheap insurance policies easily, but they will not offer cover against all the risks of everyday life. If you are looking for the cheapest policies, check out our selection of 'Eco' policies. You can compare policies and get quotes to confirm your choice.
What is the best online insurance?
In Luxembourg, it is very difficult to buy insurance online: you will first have to contact an agent and ask for a quote and then sign your contract, either by email or by post. However, the companies Bâloise and Foyer offer online price simulators and simplified underwriting.
Why is there compulsory insurance?
In simple terms, insurance is compulsory because it allows everyone to pool their money so that people can be reimbursed for the damage they have done. If someone causes an accident to you, that person will probably not be able to pay with his or her own money, so protection is needed to cover the costs of the risk. Certain contracts are therefore compulsory to protect you.
Is civil liability compulsory in Luxembourg?
In Luxembourg, civil liability insurance, which protects you in the event of damage caused to others, is not compulsory. However, it is strongly recommended. In addition, you can deduct your contribution for civil liability from your tax return each year.